Tealium AudienceStream is a Customer Data Platform (or CDP) which enables you to qualify the users who visit a website in order to create audience segments.
Tealium AudienceStream enables you to create visitor badges in view of generating your own custom audiences.
A badge (or attribute) is a category of visitors who all match specific criteria and carry out specific actions on the website. One visitor can have several badges and these can evolve as a function of their behavior on the website.
An audience can be made up of several badges, as well as other criteria such as the duration of a session on the website.
Once Tealium AudienceStream is integrated into the platform, AB Tasty collects the segments created in Tealium AudienceStream to offer advanced campaign targeting (personalization preferences).
You may then configure your audiences and badges to create custom audience segments in AB Tasty.
The AB Tasty tag detects and reads the localstorage of the visitor’s browser to determine whether or not they match the segmentation target. In order to do this, the tag reads the key according to the following template: tealium_va_accountname_profile.
For more information, refer to Targeting your AB Tasty tests thanks to a DMP.
The DMP & CRM Onboarding Tools category is a chargeable option and is only visible to customers who have signed up for it. To benefit from this functionality, please contact your designated KAM.
Integrating Tealium AudienceStream into AB Tasty
In order to use Tealium AudienceStream, you need to connect the CDP to AB Tasty for our platform to be able to recover its data.
To do this, apply the following steps:
- From the dashboard, click , then click Settings.
- Click Integrations, then select DMP & CRM Onboarding Tools.
- Scroll down and click the ON button to enable the CDP.
- In the Account name field, enter your Tealium AudienceStream account.
- In the Profile field, enter the profile you want to connect.
Enter the account name and profile you want to use to connect to your Tealium AudienceStream account.
Configuring Tealium AudienceStream during the targeting step
In order to use Tealium AudienceStream, you need to configure the CDP during step 3 of the campaign configuration process known as targeting.
To do this, add the Tealium AudienceStream targeting criterion in the Audience section. This way, campaign visibility will be limited to visitors who meet, or don’t meet, the selected segments (depending on whether you choose to exclude or include these segments).
Accessing the targeting criterion
To access the targeting criterion, apply the following steps:
- Select Custom audience from the drop-down list.
- Click Add a criterion.
- Select Tealium AudienceStream.
If you haven't already integrated Tealium AudienceStream into the AB Tasty settings, the CDP will not appear in the list of targeting criteria.
You need to have defined your target pages beforehand.
To configure the Tealium AudienceStream criterion, apply the following steps:
- Go to the list of targeting criteria, place your cursor on Tealium AudienceStream and click Add.
- Select a segment from the first drop-down list: Audience or Badge.
- Choose the Audience or the Badge you want to use from the drop-down list.
- Save your targeting.
You can add as many badges and audiences as you like. The more criteria you add, the more specific your audience will be.
To add a badge or and audience, apply the following steps:
- Click Add value.
- Select the AND operator from the first drop-down list if you want the segment to strictly match the selected criteria ; select the OR operator if you want the segment to match just one of the criteria.
- Select a segment from the second drop-down list: Audience or Badge.
- Choose the Audience or the Badge you want to use from the last drop-down list.
- Save your targeting.
For more information, refer to Managing targeting criteria.
If you do not wish to use the drop-down list, simply enter the name of the segment in the search bar above it.