When configuring a test or personalization, there are 5 steps you need to follow before you can start your campaign and make changes accessible to your users.
Targeting definition is step 3 of the campaign configuration process.
At this stage, you must configure the page(s) on which the changes made via the variation editor will be visible to your visitors.
If necessary, you may also configure the visitors who will see your changes, i.e. your campaign “audience”.
Once targeting is complete, you can run the QA process for your campaign via the targeting configuration page (for more information, refer to Running your campaign through the QA process).
Displaying the targeting configuration screen
- From the dashboard, click , then 3 Targeting.
- From the variation editor, display the left-hand pane of the campaign and click 3 Targeting.
Campaign targeting configuration involves the following steps:
A URL is already defined by default: it coincides with the URL configured during step 1 - Main information. You can either use it as it is or change it as needed.
- If necessary, configure the page URL:
- Select the Include or Exclude operator,
- Select the Corresponds exactly, URL ignoring parameters, Contains or Regular expression operator,
- Enter the full URL of the page
- Depending on your version, click Save or Save step,
- Configure an audience according to your needs.
For more on configuring target pages as well as on the Apply when targeting conditions are met, All pages, Target by event, Target Code, Target by ID/Class/Element options, refer to Defining target pages.
You must define at least one target page in addition to your audience.
If you are using version 2.3 of AB Tasty, click Add targeting to access all targeting criteria and configure your audience.
If you are using version 2.4 of AB Tasty, there are several ways of configuring your audience:
- Targeting all visitors,
- Targeting a custom audience based on one or more targeting criteria and saving it if needed,
- Using an existing audience.
Pour en savoir plus