Previous step: Configuring traffic allocation
When configuring tests, you need to set up reporting goals in order to collect information on visitor behavior.
You must set up at least one goal.
Three types of goals are available:
- Action tracking goals, i.e. actions carried out by your visitors (e.g. clicks)
- Custom events, i.e. events specific to your activity, which aren’t necessarily linked to an action (such as a click) carried out by a visitor. A custom event can be the number of minutes spent on a page, for example.
- Transactions, i.e. purchases made by your visitors.
If desired, you can enable the dynamic allocation functionality.
Setting up a goal
To set up a goal, apply the following steps:
- Enter a label in the Goal name field
- In the Goal type field, use the drop-down list to select one of the 3 goal types (Action tracking, Transaction or Custom event)
- In the Value type field, select the desired value (for example, to assign a gain generated by tracking in the form of text or a number). This step is optional.
- If necessary, enable dynamic traffic allocation
Adding a goal
To set several goals, click Add goal and proceed as detailed in the Setting up a goal step.
You can set up as many goals as you want.
Deleting a goal
If you have created several goals and want to delete one, click the icon to its left.
One default goal will always remain and cannot be deleted.
Enabling dynamic allocation
Dynamic traffic allocation enables you to progressively direct 100% of your visitors to the winning variation for a specific goal.
Once the option is enabled, the change in traffic allocation takes place automatically.
To enable dynamic allocation, apply the following steps:
- Define your main goal,
- Click the toggle button to the left of the goal to enable the option.
Dynamic traffic allocation may only be enabled for one goal.
Next step: Generating server-side test IDs