Before connecting your device to AB Tasty for App, check that your device loads your app with the AB Tasty SDK.
Refer to the articles How can you integrate the AB Tasty SDK for Android or How can you integrate the AB Tasty SDK for iOS for more information.
Launch the Web interface
- Log in to AB Tasty for App at: http://mobile.abtasty.com.
- Enter the login details provided by your AB Tasty account manager.
Once connected, you get to the AB Tasty for App dashboard where your tests, personalisations and segments are displayed.
Connect your device to your user account
- On the web interface, click Create, then Create an experiment
- Give it a name
- Select A/B or Personalisation depending on the type of test you want to create.
- Click Validate
A new window will open where you can detect your device.
- Load your app on your device.
- You can either run your finger around the four corners of the screen, as shown in the animation, or place four fingers on the screen at the same time to connect your device to the web platform.
The AB Tasty logo appears at the top left of the app. This shows that you are connected.
An authentication request will also appear on your device.
Authenticate the connection
You then need to pair your device with your user account.
- In the Web editor, click on Generate a code to link a new device: a code will appear.
- Enter the code in your app and confirm.
- Select Editor mode.
You can choose to activate Editor or Preview mode.
Editor mode lets you set the parameters of your tests, variations and segments in the web editor.
Preview mode displays the variations that you have already created on your device.
- In the web editor, select your device from the list.
The display of your app is shown in the Web editor.
You can start creating your variations.
Connect a new device
You can connect an extra device and link it to your account.
- Select an existing test from the dashboard and click on the symbol to open the editor.
The window for adding a device will appear.
- Follow the steps to authenticate the connection as indicated previously.
Once your device is registered, a window will appear every time you open the editor where you can select your device.
Manage existing connections
You can access the list of devices connected to your account from your account settings.
- Click on Settings>Devices if you want to do any of the following:
- Rename the device
- Disconnect the device
- Remove a device or all connected devices.