AB Tasty has developed a Chrome add-on to allow you to manage your tests more easily.
Downloading the AB Tasty Chrome Add-on
The add-on is available at this address:
Once in the Chrome store, click Add to Chrome.
After you have downloaded and installed it, an icon will appear at the top right of your browser. The add-on is ready to use.
The add-on allows you to:
- Create A/B test, Multipage tests and Personalizations,
- Access the most common operations for your tests (ex: accessing reports, previewing variations),
- Create tests for pages that require a login,
- Verify that the AB Tasty tag is present,
- Empty the AB Tasty cookies,
- Insert the AB Tasty tag on a page if it is not present
- Force the load of the page in the editor.
Clicking on the add-on allows you to display a list of all of the tests in your account.
When you click on any test, you will see a submenu that allows you to access the most common operations:
- Open the selected test’s report,
- Open the selected test page in the editor,
- Use the editor to modify a page that requires a login by using the "Apply HTML" feature,
- Preview the page if the AB Tasty tag exists on the page.
The Preview feature allows you to preview each variation of your test.
The add-on also allows you to create your tests more quickly and easily, and resolves the problems of pages that require a login and certain dynamic content (example: AJAX).
To create a test, just go to the page you wish to load in the editor, click on the add-on icon, and click the More tools button. The following window will be displayed:
Click on Add test. Give your test a name, specify whether your page requires a login or not, and confirm the creation of your test. You will be automatically redirected to the editor, where the content of your page will be loaded, and you will be able to work on it directly.
Verifying the presence of the AB Tasty tag
The add-on allows you to verify whether our script is present on your pages. You can see whether a checkmark is present in the plugin logo or at the bottom of the drop down menu.
Deleting AB Tasty cookies
The add-on allows you to delete AB Tasty cookies by using the submenu “Information about this page.”
Inserting the AB Tasty tag
You can also insert the AB Tasty tag on the page, if our tag is not already present. This allows you to preview the changes in the editor even if the tag is not present on the page. This is the equivalent of the “Preview” feature in the editor, which only works if our script is present on the page.