You can define user segments to allow you to display your variation only to users who meet set criteria (type of device used, geographical zone of user, technical characteristics of device, time of connection to the app, etc.).
AB Tasty for App gives you a choice of targeting criteria. You can find a list at the end of this article.
Create a segment
- Log in to AB Tasty for App at: http://mobile.abtasty.com.
- On the dashboard, click the Create symbol, then Create a segment.
- Enter a name.
- Click Validate
The window appears for configuring targeting criteria.
- Set your targeting criteria.
- Click Save segment
A confirmation message will ask if you want to return to the Dashboard or continue defining your segment.
Once the segment is saved, it will be available on the Dashboard.
Choose a clear name that will be easy to identify later so you can easily locate your segments in the reporting interface.
To complete the configuration of your segment, refer to Add targeting criteria and Apply a segment to an A/B test or a personalization.
Edit, personalise or delete a segment
To select an existing segment, click the symbol to the right of the segment name.
Several options are available.
- Rename segment: edit the name that the segment was given when created.
- Edit segment: show the window for configuring targeting criteria so you can edit them.
- Delete segment: permanently delete a segment from the list.
- Apply a colour code: choose a colour block to visually differentiate the segments in the list.